Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Slightly Different Adventure

Figuring out priorities has always been a bit of a challenge for me. I'm a pleaser by nature, so it's difficult for me to say no, or to stick to that no even if I managed to say it.

I also have a ton of interests and truly wish there were more hours in the day - or more energy in me - to be able to touch even a little bit into each of them.

With Analin's death, I've really seen myself in a new way. I've realized my priorities don't have to fight, I just need to take a more long term view of things. It's also important to realize life isn't about A to B to C, but about each step and each breath along the way that make us who we are and what life is about.

I don't want to quit blogging. In fact, I have no intention of doing so. I'm just going to combine it with more of my life than try to force something from it I don't have the time or energy to force. I've been asked time and time again why I don't do a mommy blog. I think it may be time to try it out. Chasing Revery doesn't exactly sing like the title of a mommy blog, I know, but in the same sense, I think revery should be a part of all of life, not just the imaginary and creative part of it.

So. Off on this new experiment. I don't promise pattern or structure, or even regular posts, but I can promise adventure. Regardless of what any one says about being a stay at home mom, there is always adventure in it.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments